Disclaimer: I am not a Certified Dietician or Nutritionist. In case of any allergy, please consult Medical Advice.
So lets start a bit before 6 months Meal Plan. When my baby turned 4 months, he started to wean but as per doctor’s instruction, no food before 6 months. I also read one research that if your baby’s birth weight is double before 6 months & weighs at least 13 pounds, he can start eating. My baby’s birth weight doubled at 4 months but I was still a bit scared to introduce him food. So At 5 months I started to give him Hipp Organic Cereals for 4 months in a bottle with nipple especially for cereals once a day.
6 to 9 Months Meal Plan
I was a bit scared of choking so I introduced him solids with the help of Munchkin food feeder. I was putting a chunk of fruit like banana or apple & he used to suck the pulp out of the net. It gave him relief for teething itching also.
- Option 1: Oatmeal cereals
- Option 2: Fruits Puree ( strawberry, peach, banana or whatever your baby likes)
- Option 3: Soft Scrambled eggs
And Formula Milk or Breastfeed after every 4 hours
- Option 1: Boiled Vegetable puree ( Carrots, Broccoli, green beans)
- Option 2: Unsweetened Yougurt
- Option 3: Pastrurised cheese
- Option 1: Hipp Cereals with small chunks of fruits which I add myself
- Option 2: I give him small piece of fruit ( Mango or Apple) to suck which him relief from teething
- Option 1: Boiled semolina puree
- Option 2: Mashed Potatoes
- Option 3: Small pieces of Bread or a bit of boiled rice
From 7 to 9 months I was making the fruits/ vegetable puree a bit more thicker each month. Also I added shreeded boiled meat in lunch or dinner after 7 months. And few sips of water with every meal.
9 to 12 Months Meal Plan
Now it’s time for finger food, I started finger food at 9 months.
- Option 1: Oatmeal or corn Cereals
- Option 2: Scarmbled or hard boiled eggs
- Option 3: Pasturized Cheese
2 teaspoons of peanut butter daily
- Option 1: Shredded boiled meat
- Option 2: Vegetables ( finger cutting)
- Option 3: Pasta with cheese
Option 1: Cucumber rings or yogurt with chunks of fruits in it
- Option 1: Small pieces of bread with meat
- Option 2: Rice with vegetable curry
- Option 3: Baked potatoes
Since 9 months I let my son eats his food himself on his high chair. It creates a bit of mess but he is learning to eat himself. Most of the times he eats the same food which we are eating but not spicy.